Monday, July 17, 2006

Welcome to University of Queensland, mate.

So, orientation started today. Yay. Usual boring, but necessary talks. Singaporeans overwhelm the 17 or so of us new international students.

However, strangely, most are over 20. I am the youngest at that place. O_o

Scary.

Place is quiet, which has it's pluses.

But damn, why does the uni keep screwing up my application? >_>

Oh well. Time to mail them again. LoL.

City is roughly 10 minutes walk, which is the preferred choice for many, because the buses come in the frequency of an hour (there are roughly 10 buses), because they travel interstate.

The city isn't exactly much. 3 supermarkets, but I'm going to the one which the landlady said is the best. Just about everything can be found there, cinemas, lan shops, arcade..

Blah blah blah.

Oh, never mind they are old as hell. I think my laptop runs faster then their comps in the lan shop. LoL.

But, if I want to play arcade, I'll save it till I go to Brisbane city, which is an hour of train away. Should visit there soon, like, this week or next.

I should add some random thoughts on the middle east war and how the "superpower" isn't doing nuts about it, but I'm very tired. Had to carry a laundry basket for like, 2km, with rice, sugar, and whatever.

Yay shopping.

And I need to visit that place AGAIN tomorrow.

Zzz

Pictures:



The UQ Business school, where I'll have most of the stuff done. Neat eh?




The tutorial "houses". There are rooms in it, but it is quite small. This house reflects roughly the type of housing you see in Ipswich. All small houses. They are building Ipswich's FIRST (yes, first) high rise right now.

LoL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home